1 Name of Organisation
Film at the Folk Hall
2 Aims of the Organisation
- We aim to be more than just a cinema. As well as screening blockbusters and family favourites, we want to create events around award winning films that shed light on subjectsthat affect our society.
- On occasion we’d like to work in co-operation with the Joseph Rowntree Housing Trust and Foundation, our local schools, library, council and any other relevant organisations to add value to our events.
- Above all we want to encourage our local communities to enjoy these events with us by offering reasonable prices, a warm welcome to all and a neighbourly, relaxed atmosphere in which making new friendships is encouraged.
Membership shall be open to all, regardless of nationality, political views, race, sexual orientation, or religious opinions.
4 Steering Group
- A Steering Group shall be elected to carry out the business of the Organisation. 15 maximum
- The Steering Group shall be made up of Chairperson and Treasurer and up to 13 other general members.
- The officers shall carry out the duties given to them by a general meeting of the Organisation, officers to stand for 3 years with the option of re-election after that.
- The Joseph Rowntree Housing Trust may send two representatives to the meetings of the Organisation and such representatives shall be entitled to take part in the proceedings but not to vote.
- Any elected Officer may be asked to stand down if requested to do so by more than two thirds of the Steering Group.
5 Annual General Meeting
- At the start of each calendar year the Steering Group shall convene an Annual General Meeting at which the group shall report on its activities and finances over the previous year.
- The Chair shall advertise locally details of the AGM not less than fourteen days before the meeting.
6 Other General Meetings
- A special general meeting open to all will be held if five or more people submit in writing, a request for such a meeting to the Chair or Treasurer, who shall arrange for such a meeting to take place within 14 days.
- In all cases the Chair will give at least seven days’ notice of all meetings of the Steering Group.
Four of the Steering Group Members shall form a quorum at meetings of the Organisation.
- The Chairman and Treasurer shall be Trustees of the Organisation’s assets. Of these, either shall be empowered to sign instructions for the spending of the Organisation’s funds.
- The Treasurer shall keep records of all financial transactions undertaken by the Organisation, and report thereon to the Steering Group.
- The Treasurer shall prepare each year a statement of Accounts made up to 31 December.
- The accounts shall be examined at least once a year by a person who is approved by the Organisation.
9 Changes to Constitution
- The Constitution may only be altered at the Annual General Meeting or at a Special General Meeting.
- All proposed changes to the Constitution must be submitted in writing to the Chair at least 14 days before the general meeting.
- Any changes to the Constitution must be agreed by a majority of two thirds of the members present at the meeting.
10 Dissolution of the Organisation
- The Organisation may only be dissolved by a Special General Meeting called for that purpose.
- Such a meeting must be advertised at least 14 days before the date of the meeting.
- A proposal to dissolve the Organisation shall only take effect if agreed by two thirds of the members present at the meeting.
- All funds and documents relating to the Organisation shall be disposed of in accordance with the wishes of those present at the meeting. Any assets remaining after the satisfaction of any debts and liabilities shall be applied towards charitable purposes for the benefit of the residents of the estate as the Organisation and the Joseph Rowntree Housing Trust may decide.