Who are we?
We are a not for profit community cinema, run by volunteers, screening amazing films each month from New Earswick Folk Hall, York. We have secured funding from a variety of streams including the City of York Council, Joseph Rowntree Foundation, New Earswick Residents Forum and the British Film Institute. We aim to screen our films on the last Friday of each month and our events start at 7pm with drinks and music. We also run special one off collaborative events and season’s of kids films so check out our website www.filmfolkhall.com or our facebook www.facebook.com/filmfolkhall
What can you expect?
- Huge 16 foot HD screen
- Beautifully clear sound
- Ample free parking
- Cheap ticket prices (£5 non-members / £3 members)
- Licensed bar, popcorn and ice cream!
- Relaxed atmosphere and an interval – A perfect chance to make friends.
- Special events with guests and information about local groups
- Tickets available online or from the Folk Hall
What makes us special?
Our group aims to be more than just a cinema. As well as blockbusters and family favourites, we want to find award winning films that shed light on subjects that affect our society. We want to bring you exciting and thought provoking events on these subjects and we want to offer somewhere safe, inclusive and supportive to enjoy such events with like minded people.
Most of all we want everyone to feel welcome through our doors. Whether with friends or on your own, whether caring for or being a person living with an illness, whatever your beliefs or background, we hope to welcome you to one of our events soon!
Where are we?
We are only 10 minutes from York City centre on bus numbers 1 or 13. We also have plenty of free parking too!
How much does it cost?
Tickets are £5 per adult or £3 for members.
Annual Membership is available for £5 which gives a £2 discount saving for each event.
We look forward to seeing you at our next show!
For more information or to discuss an idea or collaboration email email@example.com or call Sam on 07891497463.
Our constitution is the thing that governs how we run. As we are a small group it’s very simple. Our main aims are as follows:
- We aim to be more than just a cinema. As well as screening blockbusters and family favourites, we want to create events around award winning films that shed light on subjectsthat affect our society.
- On occasion we’d like to work in co-operation with the Joseph Rowntree Housing Trust and Foundation, our local schools, library, council and any other relevant organisations to add value to our events.
- Above all we want to encourage our local communities to enjoy these events with us by offering reasonable prices, a warm welcome to all and a neighbourly, relaxed atmosphere in which making new friendships is encouraged.
View our full constitution.